Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

Let’s Stop Body Shaming donald’s Regime

 

defendRecently, upon hearing that donald thought it would be funny to ruin the career of someone who disagreed with him, Pennsylvania State Senator Daylin Leach tweeted out:

“Hey @realDonaldTrump I oppose civil asset forfeiture too! Why don’t you try to destroy my career you fascist, loofa-faced, shit-gibbon!”

I commented: “I do not support appearance-based attacks. I do support calling donald a fascist shit-gibbon.”

I find myself doing this a lot lately. I hate this regime and everything it stands for and I’m committed to resisting, and I’ve seen lots of appearance-based attacks being  made, and lots of justifications for why it’s ok. In my most recent piece for Ravishly I make the case for why it’s not:

You can read it here!

 

If you enjoy this blog, consider becoming a member or making a contribution.

Like this blog?  Here’s more cool stuff:

Become a Member! For ten bucks a month you can support fat activism and get deals from size positive businesses as a thank you.  Click here for details

Book and Dance Class Sale!  I’m on a journey to complete an IRONMAN triathlon, and I’m having a sale on all my books, DVDs, and digital downloads to help pay for it. You get books and dance classes, I get spandex clothes and bike parts. Everybody wins! If you want, you can check it out here!

Book Me!  I’d love to speak to your organization. You can get more information here or just e-mail me at ragen at danceswithfat dot org!

If you are uncomfortable with my selling things on this site, you are invited to check out this post.

 



via Dances With Fat http://ift.tt/2mjmQoX